You can compare two document versions to identify differences between them. Differences are highlighted in red and green; deleted text is shown in red and with strikethrough; inserted text is shown in green and underlined.
To compare two versions
- On the History tab, click the first of the versions to compare. It becomes highlighted.
- Ctrl-click the other version to compare. It is now also highlighted.
Tip: You can also highlight versions by clicking their icon – this is the only way to do it on mobile devices.
- Click Compare. The document text will open with changes highlighted in red or green.
You can save the compared text as an HTML file using the Download option (disk icon button), or create a PDF version by printing it to your PDF generation software (such as Acrobat or pdfFactory). See Viewing documents.
To locate changes in compared documents
- Open the document text with changes highlighted in red or green.
- Click to locate the changes in a document. If you want to return back to the previous location in the document click.